The Department of Development directs,
manages and oversees the fundraising efforts
of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, as directed
by its Archbishop.
Responsible for securing the financial resources necessary for the Archdiocese to successfully carry out its mission, ministry, education and outreach, the Department of Development provides professional and technical fundraising support for parishes, schools, institutions and organizations throughout the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Contact us to learn more or to make a gift.
Programs You Can Support Today
- Archbishop's Annual Appeal
- Catholic Community Foundation
- Partners In Excellence
- Retired Priests
- Women's Education Alliance
Types of Gifts
There are many ways to make a gift and you can decide what your gift will benefit. Unrestricted gifts will be used where there is the greatest need, while restricted gifts may be contributed to a specific program or fund.
- Outright Gift - A one time gift (cash, check or credit card) without conditions or terms of trust.
- Pledge -A signed and dated commitment to make a gift over a specified period of time.
- Stock Gift - A donation of stock.
- Deferred Gift - A charitable gift arrangement where the Archdiocese's use of the asset is delayed to some future time.
- Endowments - Funds to be kept permanently and invested to provide income for ongoing support.
- Bequest - A contribution made by an individual after their death through a provision in their will.
- Legacy Giving - Also referred to as planned giving, a term used to describe a variety of charitable gifts that can be given during an individual's lifetime and whose residual funds indefinitely support the Archdiocese or a specific program or fund.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Typically an agreement in which cash or other assets are transferred to a charitable organization in exchange for its promise to pay the donor an annuity for life.
- Retirement Plan Assets - Naming the Archdiocese or a specific program or fund as beneficiary or partial beneficiary of a retirement plan.
- Trusts - Money, securities or property that are held under a trust agreement to provide income for the beneficiary.
- Corporate Matching - A donation from an employer matching the employee's charitable contribution, thereby doubling the contribution of the employee's gift.
- In-Kind Gift - A contribution of equipment, supplies, labor or other property.
- Work-place Giving - Private sector employees participating in the United Way of Central Maryland Giving Campaign.