Office of Worship and Sacramental Formation
TBA, Administrative Assistant
Welcome to the web pages of the Office of Worship and Sacramental Formation. This site is designed to reinforce, affirm and expand the offerings of the Office of Worship. We invite you to partake of the varied resources you will find here in the sincere hope that your liturgical experience on Sunday will continue to live in every moment of your daily life. May your spirit be nurtured and your questions answered.
Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord
In the Archdiocese of Baltimore,
this Solemnity is Celebrated on the 7th Sunday of Easter, May 17th, 2015
The solemnity ofthe Ascension of the Lord is a moveable Feast in the United States.The two possible days to celebrate thissolemnity are the Thursday of the Sixth Sunday of Easter or the Seventh Sundayof Easter.Each of the 32 ecclesialprovinces has determined the day when the Solemnity is to be observed.Only the ecclesial provinces of Boston,Hartford, New York, Newark, Omaha, and Philadelphia have retained itscelebration on the Thursday of the Sixth Sunday of Easter; the other provinces, which includes the province of Baltimore havetransferred the Solemnity the Seventh Sunday of Easter, May 17th.
Roman Missal Resources and Links Archdiocesan informationHoly Communion under Both Kinds: Response from the USCCB Secretariat for Divine Worship, October 29, 2011. See the accompanying Archdiocesan Memo.
- USCCB Resources - Holy Communion: Gluten and Alcohol Intolerance
- Wine for Celebrating Eucharist., an Archdiocesan resource.
- USCCB Guidelines for the Reception of Holy Communion - Guidelines to be placed in all worship aids.
- Prayer of the Faithful - How can your community write better and more relevant intentions for the Prayer of the Faithful? View this helpful guide.
- Alliance for the Certification of Lay Ecclesial Ministers - information about national certification as a Director of Worship/Liturgy.
Musical Ministers Find more information (www.npmbalt.org) about musical opportunities in the archdiocese.
By his taking flesh and coming among us, Jesus has touched us, and through the sacraments he continues to touch us even today; transforming our hearts, he unceasingly enables us to acknowledge and acclaim him as the Son of God. In faith, we can touch him and receive the power of his grace. Pope Francis. Lumen Fidei, no. 31, June 29, 2013
Sacramental Catechesis from Pope Francis
- Catechesis on Baptism, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Jan 8, 2014
- Catechesis on Baptism-2, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Jan 15, 2014
- Catechesis on Confirmation, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Jan 29, 2014
- Catechesis on Eucharist, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Feb 5, 2014
- Catechesis on Eucharist-2, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Feb 12, 2014
- Catechesis on Reconciliation, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Feb 19, 2014
- Catechesis on Anointing of the Sick, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Feb 26, 2014
- Catechesis on Holy Orders, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Mar 26, 2014
- Catechesis on Holy Matrimony, Pope Francis, Wednesday Audience, Apr 2, 2014
Sacramental FormationSacraments of Initiation
Baptism & RCIA - USCCB
Confirmation-USCCB; Age for Confirmation-USCCB
Adult Confirmation Dates:
Spring: Sunday May 24th at 3:00pm at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen (Pentecost) Fall: Sunday October 4th at 4:30pm at the Basilica of the Assumption of the BVM
Sacraments of Vocation and Service
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
Archdiocesan R.C.I.A. information. More information and new templates for the Rite of Acceptance/ Rite of Welcoming and other resources: