Archdiocese of Baltimore Logo

Stay Connected   Share   Print   

Closed Missions

St. Francis Xavier, Middletown

1839-1899, mission of St. John, Frederick, and St. Peter, Liberty

St. Ignatius, Arnold’s Settlement/Turkey Foot

1793-1863, mission of Catholic churches in Cumberland

Immaculate Conception, Kitzmiller

1928-2004, mission of St. Peter, Oakland

St. James, Cross Roads/Hoyes

1854-1890, mission of Catholic churches in Frostburg, Westernport, and Oakland

St. James, Point of Rocks

1881-1978, mission of Catholic churches in Frederick, Brunswick, Urbana, and Buckeystown

St. Maria Goretti Chapel

1955-1967, served by St. Mary, Hagerstown

St. Mary’s of the Mount Chapel

1806-1895, Emmitsburg. Records available at Mt. St. Mary’s University

St. Paul, Cardiff

c. 1903-1967 – sacramental records with St. Mary’s, Pylesville

St. Philip Neri, Dulaney Valley

c. 1868-1927 – sacramental records with St. John’s, Hydes

Our Lady of Sorrows, Owensville/West River

1866-1966, mission of St. Mary’s, Annapolis

St. Peter, Thurmont, 1856-1897

Mission of St. John, Frederick, and St. Joseph, Emmitsburg

St. Rose/St. Mary, Blooming Rose

1819-1887, mission of Catholic churches in Cumberland, St. Michael, Frostburg, and St. Patrick, Mt. Savage

St. Thomas, Mooresville

1854-c. 1940, mission of St. Peter, Hancock, and St. Mary, Hagerstown

List of Closed Parishes