"What is a Papal Blessing?"
The Roman Catholic Church offers blessings from the Holy Father for special occasions such as Baptisms, Confirmations, marriages and anniversaries. These blessings come in the form of hand-painted certificates made of parchment paper where the name(s) are inscribed.
How do I obtain a Papal Blessing?
You can order the Blessing online through a secure web site. If you don't have access to a computer please contact the Archbishop's office at 410-547-5466 and order it on the phone. Please have the following information:
- You must specify the occasion for which the blessing is being requested (marriage ceremony, anniversary, etc.)
- Specify the date of the occasion. If the occasion is a wedding, the name of the Catholic Church, city and state where the wedding is scheduled to occur must be given.
- Include the exact names as they should appear on the blessing.
- Specify the name and address of the person that the blessing should be sent to.
- Finally, include a check (made out to the Archdiocese of Baltimore) for the amount specified for style of blessing you would like.
- Please be aware that it takes approximately six weeks from the date the blessing is ordered to receive it.